Sunday, March 25, 2007

Day 1

Sorry, everyone, for taking so long to write! Callie and Margaret landed at 6 AM on Sunday (which would be 1 PM Saturday for all you living on the Pacific coast). It was so great to see them! Once we arrived at home, we showed them all around our Queenslander home and let them call their parents and take showers. After that, we took the CityCat, a small ferry speedboat that zooms up and down the river, to the Sunday Markets. The Sunday Markets are located in the city and host various booths that sell different objects such as jewelry or pictures. As you can probably tell by the name, they only open on Sundays! Callie and I simply strolled through the booths, but Meagan and Margaret bought many things, such as purses, sunnies, and earrings. They always manage to buy those kinds of things! Then, my dad took us to the church picnic, and somehow, we arrived an hour and a half late!! We did not bring our car, so we took the CityCat again, and then had to walk the rest of the way to the picnic. And then of course we got lost.... We did not spend much time at the picnic, but were able to introduce Callie and Margaret to some of our friends there, including the Grzesiaks (I wrote a post on them in the other blog).

Later that evening, once the girls were in bed, Callie, Margaret, Meagan, and I relaxed in our backyard hot tub. We had so much fun! Meagan brought out the chocolate-covered peanuts and macadamia nuts, and we all cranked up the tunes on our boom-box, creating a perfect atmosphere to catch up on all our happenings. Callie and Margaret even attempted to teach us how to swing dance (outside of the hot tub, of course). Many homeschoolers in Seattle have gone to swing dances lately, including Callie and Margaret, so Meagan and I want to have some idea of how to swing dance before we actually attend one! So far, swing dancing seems like lots of fun; I enjoy it more than contra dancing, which we used to do in America. A few hours later, we tumbled into one room, chatted for awhile, and finally fell asleep around midnight. I'll continue writing posts about the following days.

8 comments:

Grandma Kim said...

You girls are making history in Brisbane! How fun for everyone. Thanks for the update, I was worried the 4 of you had taken off to unexplored lands!
Love to all, we are good, loving the blogs so keep the news coming.

Love Grandma Kim

Acting Gal said...

*Whew* Sounds like you had a very BIG day!! I'm looking forward to more updates!

Gramma Alene said...

I don't know how you do it Michelle. With your special friends and activities taking the time out to update us on your blog is impressive. Thanks so much and keep having lots of fun!
Love you, Gramma Alene

Karyn said...

Quick, very unrelated question, can I link to your blog from mine? I don't want to add it to my list of cool blogs unless you are okay with that (i promise no weird people read my blog :D )

Karyn

Michelle said...

Yeah, I would love it if you would have a link from your blog to mine, Karyn! Thanks for asking.

Madison said...

To add to Karyn's comment...

...I didn't know you started a blog, Michelle. Thank goodness I read Karyn's. :)

Madison

Acting Gal said...

Can I link you too?

~Traci

Michelle said...

Definitely, Traci!