Saturday, May 5, 2007

SAT

Yesterday, I had to wake up at 4:30 AM to take the SAT. You see, the nearest place the SAT was offered was in Toowoomba, a little city two hours west of Brisbane. I found that pretty strange and annoying--I think the majority of the seven people taking the test lived in Brisbane, so they should have offered it there . . . . Oh well. So, we left really early, about 5:15, and that was probably a good thing, because my mom and I got lost a few times. When we arrived in Toowoomba, we searched for New England Highway, and saw lots of signs pointing in different directions, supposedly all leading to this street. But then once we followed these signs, we couldn't find any other ones that assured us we were on the New England Highway--instead, the street that we assumed was the New England Highway was called something else. It was really confusing (Australian street signs are not very clear :-)). After talking to two other people, we finally found someone who knew the street and the school (Toowoomba Christian College) where I was taking the test.

So, we eventually arrived at the school, but couldn't find anyone there, except another mom and her son who was also going to take the test. We waited there a few minutes, until the administrator of the exam arrived at 7:45, when we should have been registering for the exam. This administrator didn't seem to know what he was doing (he turned on the alarm at least two times! It was kind of funny). We entered the test room around 8:45, and started the test a little before 9. The test went fine, but I don't think I can say any more about it--it's supposed to be kept secret for a while.

After the test, my mom took me to this adorable little place. It was comprised of about five little countryish shops with a large grassy area in the middle. We ate at this nice little cafe, then browsed around some of the shops. One of them was a cute scrapbooking store, so I bought a few stickers there (I have just started scrapbooking, and find it lots of fun . . . but expensive also).

We arrived home around 5 PM, quickly ate some takeaway Thai food (I love Thai food!!!), and then my mom, Meagan, and I set off for Spider-Man 3 . . . which I will talk about in my next blog post.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Sounds like an exciting day! Please keep us updated!