Thursday, May 3, 2007

Australian Term

I'm going to post my Australian term today instead of tomorrow, because I'm going to have a big day tomorrow. First, I will take my SAT (Ahhh!! I'm pretty nervous . . . if you think about it, I would appreciate your prayers. If I don't get a good enough score this time, I will have to take it again this October--not fun), and then afterwards, hopefully we'll watch Spiderman 3!

Ok, so here's the word (or phrase)-of-the-week:

Australian term: aerial pingpong

American equivalent: Australian Rules football

I thought that was pretty funny! I have actually never been to an Australian football game, but in a few weeks, Meagan, my dad, and I will go to a rugby game (rugby is actually more similar to American football than Australian football), the first out of a group of three games called the State of Origin. For these games, Queenslanders and people from New South Wales (a state south of Queensland) play for their states, instead of whatever team they play for normally. Then, these two new teams play against each other. Australians, at least those from QLD and NSW, go absolutely crazy for this game, so it should be a lot of fun to see it.

3 comments:

Madison said...

Good luck on your SAT. You'll do fine. :-)

Traci said...

Hope your SAT goes well....you are going to see Spiderman 3? Sweet!! I really really really wanted to go today, but tonight is Opening Night for The Velveteen Rabbit, and I don't have time. Soon, though!

Traci

Unknown said...

How fun for you. There are a lot of Rugby games in Vancouver Canada too, a very fast and fun game to watch.
Good luck on your test, do the best you can and don't stress about it. It is just a test, you will do great!

Played in a Golf Tournament today up in Everett and had so much fun. Grandpa and I are taking it easy this weekend, he is recovering from his Cornea Transplant and I am doing some yard work my Golf Club Treasure to-do's.

Love to all, keep the blog updates coming.

Love Grandma and Grandpa Nance