Saturday, May 5, 2007

Spider-Man 3

So, as I mentioned in my last post, my mom, Meagan, and I saw Spider-Man 3. We all thought it was a fantastic movie! The special effects amazed me and the acting was great. Tobey Maguire really has some strong acting ability--I just didn't notice it as much before, because his part in the first two movies afforded him little room for change in attitude and personal qualities. Kirsten Dunst did a beautiful job, so did James Franco and all the other characters. I would go into more detail, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone . . . .

I especially loved the redeeming qualities portrayed throughout the movie. This movie's main point is that we all have a choice--to do good or to do evil. That theme was prevalent throughout the whole movie. Also, forgiveness played a major part.

This Spider-Man carries the strongest morals compared with the other two, but at the same time, it has the most violence. There isn't much shooting, but the characters often punch and beat up each other.

The movie is rated PG-13 mostly for the violence, but there also is some inappropriate behavior that adds to it. But I really can't go into any more detail without ruining the movie . . . .

I definitely recommend this movie, but only for teenagers or adults. My mom, Meagan, and I found this movie enjoyable, entertaining, and surprisingly moral.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Critique Michelle! I went and saw it today with a girlfriend and her two boys 8 & 10. It was a great movie, I can see why everyone is so entrenched by it. Heidi was taking Colby today too with one of his little friends.
All good here, was going to do yard work but instead decided to go see the movie. Yard work will be here tomorrow, so not to worry.

Love to all, miss you but will see you in less than 30 days.

Love Grandma Kim

ps will celebrate your birthday and Madeline's and Marina's when you arrive back home.

Traci said...

I JUST SAW IT!
It was really really great! The "bad boy" thing was a little werid to watch but overall, I'm very satisfied. I have to admit though, I screamed (quite loudly) at one part. It just freaked me out. Thankfully, only my sisters and some of our friends were in the theater. :D

Traci said...

Hey Michelle, I tagged you on my blog! I hope that was all right!