Sunday, August 26, 2007

Days 1 - 4 in Ucluelet

Last Thursday, Meagan and I traveled up to Vancouver Island . . . alone!! It was our first time traveling alone, so it was kind of exciting. We took the Victoria Clipper at 6:30 AM (so that meant we has to wake up at 5:15 . . . too early), and then once we arrived in Victoria (that's such a GREAT city! My family traveled there when I was 11, but I hadn't been there since), we took a bus to Nanaimo and then another one to Ucluelet. Our Grandma Barbara and Grandpa Harry own a little place here in Ukee (that's what everyone affectionately calls Ucluelet), so we're staying with them for a few days. We've had a lot of fun so far . . . we've been taking daily walks on the beaches, which, btw, I prefer to the ones in Australia. They're so much more dramatic with all the rocks and logs washed ashore. But I might just prefer them since I am tired of going to the Australian beaches a lot. (The dog my sister's playing with on the beach is Nina, my grandma's Australian Shepherd.)





Meagan and I have seen a lot of wildlife since our arrival: sea lions frolicking in the waves, a bear cub running along the beach, deer munching on the grass . . . . It's been a lot of fun. We haven't seen any bears close up yet (we viewed the bear through a telescope), but if I do, I'll be sure to take some good pictures of them!!

3 comments:

Grandma Kim said...

I am so glad you girls have good weather, looks like so much fun. We are on the east side of Vancouver Island aboard BIG SKY having a great time. The crabbing is great and tomorrow I am going Salmon Fishing for a few hours (one of my favorite things. We are at Ganges Harbor and it is just beautiful weather. We are going up North in a day or two to Gabriola Island-the same place we got Skid the yellow kitty-do you remember him Michelle?
Anyway,hope your weather holds, see you in September when we get back from cruising.

Love to All,
Grandma Kim and Grandpa Mark & Dolly too :-)

Traci said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like so much fun! Whenever I go back to Idaho it will probable be by myself. I'm kind of excited about going on my own just for the adventure!
Thanks for the awesome pics!

Karyn said...

michelle that sounds like SO much fun!!!! how cool that you got to travel to Canada by yourselves!!!